Student Ambassador Program Application
Thank you for your interest in the Student Ambassador Program. It is with great pleasure that Senator Blake and his staff offer this one-of-a-kind opportunity to high school seniors within the 22nd Senatorial District.
Applications are due no later than Friday, November 18, 2016
The completed application package must include:
- Response to prompt #1
- In two paragraphs describe why you are the best candidate to serve as your high school’s ambassador in Senator Blake’s Student Ambassador Program.
- Response to prompt #2
- Briefly describe what you believe to be the most important responsibility of a Pennsylvania State Senator.
- Then, imagine you are a Pennsylvania State Senator; candidates always talk about what they will prioritize and introduce in their first 100 days in office. What specific public policy initiative would you work to advance upon taking office? Why is it an important issue and would there be any opposition to your proposed legislation?
- Please choose an initiative that would be addressed in one of the following committees:
- Veterans Affairs and Emergency Preparedness
- Environmental Protection
- Public Health and Welfare
All applications will be reviewed by the staff at Senator Blake’s office and one ambassador from each school will be chosen. The Student Ambassadors selected to represent their school will be notified of their honorary appointment no later than December 20, 2016.
Please upload files in either Microsoft Word format or .PDF