HARRISBURG, April 2, 2014 – State Sen. John Blake, Marywood University President Anne Munley and regional housing experts will gather at 9 a.m. Friday, April 4, at Marywood University to work on adopting solutions to affordable housing problems in Northeast Pennsylvania and throughout the state.
Scheduled to appear during the two-hour “Affordable Housing Forum” include:
- Nichole Bennett, United Neighborhood Centers
- Athena Aardweg, Self-Determination Housing Project
- Peg Ruddy, Women’s Resource Center
- Jesse Ergott, NeighborWorks NEPA
- Michael Hanley, United Neighborhood Centers
- Bryce Maretzki, Pennsylvania Housing Finance Agency
- Cindy Daley, Pennsylvania Housing Alliance
Sen. Blake, who proposed legislation a year ago to finally fund the Statewide Housing Trust Fund (Senate Bill 216), will open the forum following a greeting by Sister Munley. The event is free but has been sold out.
Media coverage is encouraged for this important discussion.
WHAT: Sen. John Blake’s “Affordable Housing Forum”
WHEN: 9 a.m. – 11 a.m., Friday, April 4
WHERE:Swartz Center, Marywood University, 2300 Adams Ave., Scranton